This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareAtSchnucks #CollectiveBias
This BBQ Pork is perfect to share with family and friends. It’s easy to make and two secret steps make it moist and tender!
There are tons of important milestones I celebrate with family and friends this time of year. We celebrate Mother’s Day, graduations, birthdays, my anniversary and more all in one month.
With all those important events happening seemingly at once, life gets crazy busy this time of year. At times I feel like I can’t keep my head above water!
Just because I’m busy doesn’t mean I want to skimp on giving my friends and family a good meal. This is why it’s a necessity to have an arsenal of delicious meals that are super easy to make.
Having so many big events in a short amount of time really makes crock pot recipes (like this one) lifesavers! I often make BBQ pork to share with friends and family since it satisfies a crowd on a budget. I get to share a Coke with my friends and family in my own creative foodie way!
This recipe is oh so easy to make and two key steps in the recipe make for super moist and tender pork. You can’t go wrong with serving this to your friends!
This is how I share a Coke with my friends!
I found specially packaged Cokes in the soda aisle at my local Schnucks store.
I prepared the meat according to the recipe, put all the ingredients into my crock pot and let it cook all day. It can’t get any easier than that!
- 3 lb pork loin
- 12 oz Diet Coke
- 1/2 bottle barbeque sauce (we use Sweet Baby Ray's original)
- Seasoned salt
- 1 TBSP butter
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat until it's hot.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Sprinkle seasoned salt over the whole pork loin and then sear each side in the pan for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place seared pork into the crock pot.
- In a bowl, stir together barbecue sauce and Diet Coke and then pour mixture over pork.
- Cook on low for about 6-8 hours or until meat is fully cooked.
- After the pork is cooked, take it out of the crock pot and set on a cutting board.
- Let the meat sit for 10 minutes (so it will stay moist) and then shred the meat with two forks.
- Serve with sharp cheese and additional barbecue sauce if desired.
Check out some other creative ways to share a coke!
If you could pick anyone, who would you share a Coke with?