The Easy Creamy Spaghetti recipe was born out of an epic dinner fail.
Here’s how it all began…
One night I decided to try a recipe for spaghetti in the crock pot. It looked promising but the end results were terrible. It was super mushy, cost a lot, and I ended up throwing away the leftovers.
I hate throwing away leftovers!
Thinking back, why in the world did I decide to make crock pot spaghetti? Spaghetti is one of the easiest meals to make, so why would I make it in a crock pot?
Oh well. Although I was upset at the loss of food and money at that meal, I did learn one important thing.
Adding cream cheese to spaghetti sauce makes it epic!
This is now one of my new favorite meals to make because it pleases my two super-picky eaters (ahem…I mean my two lovely kids), is inexpensive, and healthy (when made with whole wheat pasta).
That’s a win-win-win!
Without further adieu, here’s the recipe:
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 4 oz light cream cheese
- 1 box pasta (whole wheat pasta tastes great with the sauce and it's healthier!)
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.
- Meanwhile, warm the spaghetti sauce in a sauce pan over low heat. Add cream cheese in small chunks.
- When the sauce is hot, stir with a whisk to break up the cream cheese until sauce is smooth.
- Once the pasta and sauce is ready, pair together on a plate & enjoy!
- This sauce can be used for homemade pizzas, too!
This post linked to Create & Inspire, Craft-O-Maniac Monday, Wednesday Extravaganza, Whimsy Wednesday, Create It Thursday, Inspire Me Please, Serenity Now, Link Party Palooza, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Saturday Show and Tell, Create and Inspire, and Think Pink Sunday