I heart 3 Ingredient recipes. I just started a Pinterest board devoted to just 3 ingredient recipes that I’ll be using for my weekly meal plans. Making recipes that only call for a couple ingredients saves a lot of money!
This hearty creamy tortellini soup is perfect on a cold winter’s night. This entire meal can be made in one pot making it easy on your dishwasher as well. It serves 4 people and only costs about $3.00 to make! To prove it, here’s the cost breakdown:
- Tomato soup: $1.18 (.59 each)
- Tortellini $1.29
- Milk: about 36 cents
Total cost: $2.83!
Oh and let’s not forget one of the biggest miracles of this meal. My son (AKA “Mr. Picky Eater”) LOVES this creamy tortellini soup.
This is the same kid that’s sometimes too picky to eat mac and cheese. What kid doesn’t like mac and cheese, right? So the fact that this soup passes his test says a lot.
Tasty, easy to make, inexpensive and it satisfies my picky eater? Can it get any better than that?
I think not.
3 Ingredient Creamy Tortellini Soup
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 1 8oz bag tortellini
- 2 cups milk
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Once fully cooked, drain the tortellini. Meanwhile, pour tomato soups into pot.
- Whisk milk and tomato soup together until blended.
- Add cooked tortellini back into pot.
- Gently stir and cook on medium heat until soup is warm.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Using whole milk will add a rich creamy texture. Using 2% or skim milk will cut some calories.
If you enjoyed this soup, be sure to check out all my easy cooking recipes!
What’s your favorite soup to eat on a cold day?
Shared at: Think and Make Thursday, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Thrifty Thursday, Frugal Friday, The SITS Girls Craft and Recipe Link Up, Work It Wednesday, Motivational Monday, Whimsy Wednesday, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Think and Make Thursday. Your Turn To Shine, and Link Party Palooza.