Do you have your Mother’s Day gifts purchased yet?
The good news is today I’m sharing a super easy & inexpensive gift idea Mom will love!
Let me introduce you to Sugar Body Scrub. This body scrub smells wonderful, makes your hands super soft, and it can be used on feet to get them flip-flop ready for summer!
Mom has spent years pampering you. Take a turn and pamper her for a change!
This recipe yields enough to make three 3oz. containers of body scrub. You can find the squeezable containers in the travel container/sample toiletries area at your grocery store.
Here’s how easy it is to make Sugar Body Scrub:
- Fill a measuring cup with 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Then squeeze 1/3 cup of liquid hand soap on top of the sugar until the mixture gets up to the one cup line.
- Stir soap and sugar together.
- Pour into a squeezable hand soap dispenser.
Now you’re done. See–I told you that was easy!
To make is REALLY easy, I made some free printable labels you can use.
Some tips to remember:
- This body scrub will not work in a dispenser with a pump. I’ve already tried that and failed!
- The sugar tends to settle to the bottom after sitting for awhile. Just shake it up before each use and you’re set to go!
- Use GOOD hand soap with this. Don’t cheap out and get the generic brand. I use Dawn Hand Renewal since it has a soft & sweet scent.
- Feel free to use this “recipe” with different scented soaps & have fun making your own creation!
The recipe for this project came from the lovely Amy at My 3 Monsters. Check out the beautiful jar she made to gift her sugar hand scrub!
What are you going to give your Mom this Mother’s Day?
This post linked to Whimsy Wednesday, Hump Day Happenings, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Thrifty Thursday, Inspire Me Please, Saturday Sharefest, Inspiration Monday, Share Your Creativity, In and Out of the Kitchen, Tutorials and Tips, and Hit Me With Your Best Shot.