You know those people that seem to do it all? Dinner is always on the table at the perfect time. Her home is always picked up. Her children are well behaved. She is seemingly able to complete every task set before her with perfection.
And goodness knows she would never send her kids to school with their shoes on the wrong feet…like me.
As you can tell, I’m not one of those perfect multitasking people. That’s okay.
I’m not good at doing multiple things at once. If I get everyone out of the house fed, clothed and on-time, then I count that as a win! If you’re like me, then you’re in good company!
Life is crazy busy, so having an arsenal of super easy recipes is one way I can still feed my family during the crazy chaos of life as a busy mom.
5 Minute Creamy Tomato & Rice Soup
Simple recipes like this are lifesavers for me. It’s so easy it almost doesn’t even need directions.
I was able to play with my son, make this soup & take the pictures for this blog post. For a person who struggles to multi-task, this is a major accomplishment!
5 Minute Creamy Tomato & Rice Soup is the perfect pairing to a warm grilled cheese sandwich too!
You’ll love this soup because it:
- only takes 5 minutes to make
- has whole grains
- has a delicious creamy taste
- only requires 3 ingredients (which you probably have in your kitchen right now!)
- my super picky 4 year old loves it
That dimple though. I think God knew He would need to give my son some extra cuteness to help me deal with his not-so-fun eating habits.
Thank you God for dimples. And for crazy easy recipes.
- 1.5 cups brown rice (pre-cooked)
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1 soup can full of milk
- Pour can of tomato soup and one can of milk into a small pot.
- Carefully add the rice.
- Stir and cook on medium-low heat until warm.
- Serve with warm grilled cheese, if desired
- This soup tastes best fresh, however leftovers can be refrigerated. Refrigerating gives this hearty soup a thicker texture that will thin after re-heating.